All adults working at St Aidan’s (including visiting staff, volunteers and students on placement) are required to report instances of actual or suspected child abuse or neglect to the Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) with responsibility for child protection.
The Designated Safeguarding Lead is: Miss K Fitzsimmons
The Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead is: Mr A Williams
The Nominated Governor for Child Protection & Safeguarding is: Mrs M Woods
St Aidan’s Catholic Primary School acknowledges the duty of care to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and is committed to ensuring safeguarding practice reflects statutory responsibilities, government guidance and complies with best practice standards and Ofsted requirements.
As part of this safeguarding child protection policy, and in accordance with Keeping Children Safe in Education, September 2023, we will;
- Promote and prioritise the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people
- Ensure everyone, staff, pupils and parents understand their roles and responsibilities in respect of safeguarding and child protection
- Ensure all staff have read Part 1 of the Keeping Children Safe in Education, September 2023 Guidance document, and have completed a signed record to say they have done so
- Ensure everyone has appropriate learning opportunities to recognise, identify and respond to signs of abuse, neglect and other safeguarding concerns relating to children and young people.
- Ensure in the event of incidents/concerns of abuse, appropriate action is taken, and support provided to the individual/s who raise of disclose a concern.
- Ensure that confidential, detailed and accurate records of all safeguarding and child protection concerns are maintained and securely stored.
- Prevent the employment/deployment of unsuitable individuals
- Help protect children and young people from exploitation including radicalisation, child sexual exploitation and child criminal exploitation (county lines)
- Ensure robust and effective safeguarding arrangements and procedures are in operation in school
The policy and procedures will be widely promoted and are mandatory for everyone involved in school. Failure to comply with the policy and procedures will be addressed, without delay and may ultimately result in dismissal/exclusion this school.